Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleep Is... How Would I Know?

I don't sleep much.

Generally speaking, it's on purpose. I've never been one to sleep for fun. I guess I never let go of the childish logic: awake is better than asleep. My thinking has always been that if I can stay awake all day without getting all cranky, I got enough sleep, and that sleeping any more than that would be a waste of time that I could use doing something fun. So I get about four to six hours a night. After six hours, I wake up on my own. I can go back to sleep if I want, I just can't convince myself to go to sleep early...

It doesn't bother me too much. It seems natural to resist sleep. Babies fight sleep with no capacity to provide any kind of reason. But I can't help but wonder if I live in some sub-normal state of existence...

I'm working on it...

...You guys see giraffes when you blink, too, right...?


No comments: