Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm a Blogger!

I've recently come to think of myself that way. It's not that it's my defining trait, or that I consider it anything like an occupation. It's that I've tried to put myself in the mindset that this isn't just something I do when I'm bored. That's included talking to bloggers (still working on that), trying to expose my blog to people that aren't predisposed to support my (read: friends) and, most importantly, reading blogs.

I'm really enjoying it. But I'm not so good about commenting and I'm starting to realize why most of my readers don't do it. It's okay. The comments you give in person mean a lot more.

Also, though, this blog has become a little less about talking to friends and a bit more about speaking to the world. Is the world reading this? Nah. But it's more than just classmates, these days. I've recently realized that there are many, many bloggers out there who are doing the same thing, and they appreciate each other. And that kinda feels good.

I started this blog testing the waters. I was seeing if what I did on Xanga and MySpace would still be fun. Since then, it's gone from straight babbling to, well, mostly babbling. More importantly, it's gone from an escape from boredom to a hobby.

I'm saying all this because I realized today that it's been six months since I started this blog. It's kind of a milestone. I've even decided to post the Followers gadget, which you'll see to your right. I'm not gonna lie, with one follower, I didn't want it up there. I'm not entirely sure how it even works. I know if you're on Blogger, you can use it to easily subscribe. If you use some other blog service, it may work the same way, I have no idea. And if you don't have profile on a blog service... well, you just keep reading like you do now, okay? Cool.

So yeah. Here's to six more months of genius and awesome, eh?

...Hey, it ain't Guinness!


Thanks for reading, guys.


No comments: