Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Grammy's

In the past, the Grammy awards have only served to frustrate and disappoint me. This has not changed. The Recording Academy and I don't see eye to eye. There criteria is... lacking? I won't say that. I can't say that. Truth be told, their criteria is a complete mystery to me. I can't even put myself in their shoes. I can't adopt that mindset. I can't follow the tracks of the train of thought that could lead to their conclusions.

Being me, I watched the entire Pre-Telecast online, with Tia Carrere and Wayne Brady. That's when they award the majority of Grammys (100, I think). And of course, I watched the television broadcast, so I did see every Grammy awarded. And, simply put: I just don't understand their definition of "best."

I once thought of how I would choose the winners, if I had my own award show. I considered the options and decided on what criteria I would judge by. Then I realized that I had reinvented the Billboard Music Awards. Ah, well...

I could crack jokes. I could rag on the many, many performers that I feel didn't deserve their awards. But I won't. There's no point in making fun or putting people down. It won't accomplish anything. So I'll just say this:

I'm very happy for Alison Krauss, Taylor Swift is gorgeous (photo lifted from here), and M.I.A. was rocking that nine-month baby.


...and, uh...

Katy Perry can't sing and now the world knows.

Robert Plant looks homeless.

The Jonas Brothers sound terrible and have no business sharing the stage with Stevie Wonder.

Jonas Brothers > Paul McCartney.

I still don't see what the world sees in Radiohead.

The Lifetime Achievement awards are overdone to the point of meaninglessness and nobody cares.

I don't care how great Heath Ledger was, The Dark Knight's score was dull, emotionless and
entirely unremarkable.

"Lollipop" as Best Rap Song?

Everyone has their own preferences, but I'm pretty sure nobody likes Kid Rock, anymore...



...Whoops... it slipped out...

Um, anyway, did you watch the Grammys? What did you think of the awards and the performances? Am I crazy?


If you didn't catch it,
here's the full list of Grammy nominees and winners.


4 comments:

Trey Benton said...

........dude..........taylor swift is not even attractive as for everything else, its music so you know lol

Dream Weaver said...

Taylor Swift IS gorgeous. I wasn't sure of how that duet was going to go (with Miley) but I thought they did great. It was cute. I loved seeing M.I.A up there. That was an entertaining moment. Did you know last night was her due date? Crazy! lol -and lastly, my girl Adele won a grammy. That's what I was waiting for. Have a good night!

Steph said...

I thought miley was going to show taylor up (on her own song!) but Taylor did look too gorgeous...

I don't get the whole alison krauss thing- she's good, but Album of the year?! psh

Chris said...

As a big fan of Alison Krauss, I didn't even care about that album...