Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

You Know What Bugs Me?

  • 50,000 people asking "So, when are you headed back to school?" It doesn't vary much, you know? A couple of weeks, max. I know they're just making small talk, but geez! Does everyone have to use the same line? It's all I've been hearing since the day I got home.
  • When people diss stuff they know nothing about, then want to show you stuff you know you don't like.
  • House guests.
  • The weight loss supplement commercials that mention "poor diet" last on their list contributing factors for obesity.
  • Mall goths.
  • Jelly that won't spread.
  • Wapanese kids.
  • Being in a hurry for anything.
  • Group decisions decided by the minority, because the majority knows they'll get fussy.
  • People who talk to me when I'm clearly wearing headphones and make a show of how loud they had to yell for me to hear them.
  • Carrying change.
  • People who talk down on hip-hop and pop, like it's easy to make hit songs.
  • People who ask "really?" every time you tell them something. Of course, I do that all the time...
_______

Lately, I can't seem to get up in the mornings. I've flubbed 2 (almost 3) commitments by oversleeping - with an alarm.
_______

All the way through 8th grade, I listened to almost nothing but rock. Then I discovered Michael Jackson and I've been finding new pop to love ever since. He opened my eyes to a genre I had been ignoring for no reason, and it did wonders for my music collection. I think Alison Krauss and Lil Wayne may be doing the same thing, for two totally different genres, at the same time. All I can say is 2009 is going to be a very exciting year for me and music.
_______

I've said it before, but I'm really excited about this story. Preview coming soon.


No comments: