Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

What? Seriously?

I've got to be the least observant person in the world. I miss freakin' everything.

"Whoa, did you see what she was wearing?"
"Huh? Nah, I must've missed it..."

"You remember how to get to my house, right?"
"Um... Could you remind me?"

It's a problem. The truth is, my mind is constantly occupied. If I'm not focused on a task, my thoughts are elsewhere. If I'm in the car with you and we're not talking, don't you think for a second that I'm reading streets signs or committing the trip to memory. I'm thinking about something I've done, something I have to do in the future or something totally off the wall.

The same is true for social situations. I'm not sure if I just can't read body language or if I really just don't see it. But I don't get those hints. If you're not using words, I'm not reading you.

Is it a problem? I dunno...
_______________

I've been sick lately. Some kind of nasty cold. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while. I wake up about five times a night. But today, just this afternoon, I started feeling better. I hope the trend continues.
_______________

We had some house guests about a week ago. A couple of family friends. One of them has a real God-given gift of insight. He is also known to speak prophetically, which I've witnessed in the past. God speaks to him. Well, during the visit, he said he wanted to sit down with me for a chat. I'm always stressed, and people can see it, so I expected a question like, "what's on your mind?" But no. He knew what was on my mind. He started talking about the very things that were bothering me - things I've only talked about with a couple close friends. Stuff my parents didn't even know. He started offering advice, good advice, on those specific issues.

The big thing, though, is that several times throughout the visit, he expressed what he saw in my future. And it was big. I don't really know how to take it. I would have never doubted the guy if he wasn't talking about me...
_______________

I just realized that I had a CD that hadn't been ripped to my computer. I wonder if there could be another...
_______________

This entry was originally going to be entirely about obesity. I decided against it... But I may post it later. :P
_______________

So... Lil Wayne wasn't kidding when he said he was gonna do a rap album. He just released his first single on iTunes and such. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda dig it.
Lil Wayne is nominated for 8 Grammys for Tha Carter III, a couple of which I think he deserves. But he also had the biggest selling album of '08. Sorry, Weezy, but top sellers don't get Grammys. Grammys are for old people, dead people and outspoken liberals. We'll see what happens...