Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Full House

It's been a while, but I've been busy. Especially the last couple of days...

I found out shortly before I came home from school that I would have family in my house for the entire Thanksgiving Break.

hoo
ray...

Ok, so, my parents' families both live in the same area. So on Thanksgiving, we see everyone in one day. but this year, my mom decided she wanted to have Thanksgiving at home. Her family was cool with it. My dad's family has firm Thanksgiving traditions, so there was no point in inviting them. So I was faced with the choice of either leaving my parents and spending Thanksgiving with my dad's family, or staying and seeing Mom's side.

Turned out, my mom's family wouldn't be able to gather until Friday. So Dad and I left Wednesday morning and headed to his mother's house for Thanksgiving. My mother's parents came to our house Wednesday and Dad and I came home Thursday night, after dinner.

Friday's when the fun started. Black Friday shopping. I. Love. Black Friday. I didn't even need anything, although I did get a good deal on a memory card for my phone. I just like the crowds. Black Friday, Christmas Eve - I'll be at the mall, Best Buy, WalMart and anywhere else I expect crazy crowds. It's fun. Dad finally got a Blu-Ray player.

My mom's side of the family showed up Friday afternoon and evening. By nightfall, there were a total of 13 people in the house. that's 10 guests. Friday was fun. Grandma had a movie moment and initiated an impromptu talent show. There are a lot of singers in my family. And a couple comedians.

Saturday, I needed a break. I go crazy when I'm around people too long. I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday with my dad's family and all Friday with my mom's. I just wanted a day that I could walk around my house, do whatever, and not have people talking to me and asking questions. I wanted to eat cereal and read Calvin & Hobbes in the kitchen for an hour or two. I wanted to watch movies with the 5.1 audio booming. I wanted to sleep until I felt like getting up. You know, all the things I'm used to doing in my own home.

I had to leave saturday and go out. I just went to the mall (my favorite place to escape) and walked around for a while. I love my family, I just start feeling smothered after a while. I foound out a lot of my gift ideas were way too expensive. I also had a terrible drink called a "Gingersnap Latte." Avoid it.

I came back just in time for the festivities. What festivities, you ask? Oh, just my grandparents 50th anniversary. Yes, yes, dressing up and dinner and such. Fun times. Wah wah wah.

About have our guests left tonight. The rest leave tomorrow. I just hope I can glean a couple of hours to myself before I have to leave for school...


No comments: