Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

I Don't Sleep, I Just Blink

You know what I've always kind of wanted to do, but haven't? Make music. I don't know why I never picked up an instrument as a child. I just didn't have an interest in playing any. Lessons? No thanks. But music, it's my thing. It's always been pretty much what I care most about. I have ideas, too... I've decided to try my hand at digital music making. Get some crappy free software, first, just to test the water. It seems like the perfect answer.
_______

I have a quiz due by like, 8:30 this morning.
_______

I can't wait to have my own my own home. I don't mind the dorms, but I would just love to have a place to call my own. An apartment could be better, though less convenient, in my case. But I'd rather have my own spot. I guess it'd just make me feel like a man to own my own house, buy some guns...
_______

So, I've been checking out the Baptist Campus Ministries meetings. Pretty cool stuff. It seems like the service is really short, though. And they don't seem to have a regular speaker, week-to-week. For me, that's weird. The music is kinda hard to get into, too. It seems like they try to pick modern songs by well-known artists, so I don't know any of the songs. They just end up feeling awkward. Some songs are written for worship, others are more personal. If the lyrics are too personal, it's hard to relate. I can't be singing lyrics that aren't even true, for me.

But I'm not trying to rip on the BCM. The people are friendly and the teachings are relevant. Plus, it's always difficult for me to get through that awkward period when you don't know anyone. I just have to make sure not to do what I usually do, which is to attach myself to the few people I do know, and not meet others.
_______

You guys are lame. You probably don't read this, but whatever. You guys dropped me like a bad habit. You were like, friggin' next door. You couldn't call? What am I? Whatever. I guess you guys were fun to talk to, while it lasted. I'll probably never see you guys again, but whatever. I guess that's no big deal, to you.
_______

New Todd, you're slippin.
_______

Just about everyone I know steals music, too. And none of them seem to think it's wrong. I hear stuff like, "Why should I buy something I can get for free," "Those rich muthaf-----s don't need my money," "I can't afford to buy music, it's too expensive," or "I buy CDs from the people I really like."

If I even say something like, "Yeah, I'm going Best Buy to get the new _____ CD," I get laughed at. "Why would you buy CDs?!"
_______

I only say "hi," like, one out of every 5 times I want to.
______

I'm pretty sure CHS toilets could flush bricks. I bet the only way to clog a CHS toilet would be to put a CHS toilet in a CHS toilet and try to flush it. I foresee two possibilities. One: the CHS toilet would successfully flush the CHS toilet. Or, two: the encounter could create a paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted that's a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
_______

I don't feel like spell-checking this one...


1 comment:

definitelykyle said...

Digital music... that is one step away from keytar... just be careful
---
college is all about learning to procrastinate effectively
---
home ownership and gun ownership go hand in hand
---
I wish they would do a hymn now and again at BCM. Don't forget dinner tonight, it's at 5:30 I think. I wont sit by you so we force ourselves to meet new people.
---
I, for real, thought that said they "dropped you like a bad 'hobbit'"... it made me giggle until i read it again, then I felt bad
---
New Todd is slipping... two words:Stuffed Peppers
---
I buy music, online, or have gotten music from friends, I suppose that is considered stealing. But then again, when I do buy music, I destroy the art of the album unit 'cause I buy individual songs... what can I say I'm a terrible person, you don't even want to know about me and DVD's.
---
I have a tendency to whisper when I say hi to people I don't know, I know I look like an Idiot when I do it, but I dont want to be a "loud talker" either... what to do...
---
It destroys the universe, I tried it last year, luckily I was able to reverse the damage by bisecting a solar flair (in the betelgeuse system) with a stable wormhole which sent me back to 1986, it was difficult not to interfere with the time line, but I did ok, there was one small incident that resulted in Clinton's second term, 9/11 the space shuttle exploding... also it destroyed a small spiral galaxy on the outer edge of the universe, but these things could not be avoided... chalk it up to entropy. Any way, all that to say it was fun to see, but I don't suggest another trial, unfortunately all documentation of the incident was destroyed on the destruction of the universe, so all you have to go on is my word.