Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bloggin' Ain't Easy

Blogging sounds like an easy way to express yourself. A simple outlet through which release your thoughts and opinions to the world. The question is this: how much can you say before your readers start treating you differently? Sometimes I just want to empty my head. I want to post exactly what I feel and exactly what I'm thinking. I used to do just that, on MySpace. I posted a few blogs that I emptied my heart into. It felt good to type it, but I always second-guessed it. It's possible to say too much.

I just don't know what is enough and what is too much. I believe a lot of that comes from not knowing who reads it. I had a lot of readers on MySpace. Well, it felt like a lot to me. Now I have, maybe four readers I know of. Four people who have talked to me about my blog, online or off. I assume I have that many readers who haven't spoken to me about it. I'm confident that I would have more readers if my posts were more personal. But, honestly, I'm afraid to put my business out there again. I'm afraid to step on toes and let out secrets. I keep a lot inside. A lot. I would love to express it, but I'm not sure I would like to express it to you. I know what I want to say, but the thought of certain people reading it... I just don't know.

I'm not entirely sure blogging is for me.

We'll see what happens next.


1 comment:

definitelykyle said...

I would treat you differently... ya know, like maybe I'd say "hey loser, you're wrong about time travel, you know you are wrong, and I'm right. Time is linear (to begin with, until someone travels back) which makes ontological paradoxes a moot point... loser. The fact that Marty heard Marvin Berry play Johnny B Good in the future and the played it in the past before Marvin wrote it... and Marvin heard it and then wrote the song doesn't matter. Because there was an original time line in which Marvin had never heard the song, and Marty wasn't in the past, it wasn't until he interfered with events (pushed his dad out of the way of Lorane's father's car) that he had to change events making it necessary to play Johnny B. Good. My logic is undeniable.

next time on Kyle comments... The 3 Laws, and How They Need Work, and a special comment on the Star Wars Holiday Special.