Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Why blog? Do I have some deep or revolutionary message to promulgate to the masses? No.

Am I destined to enrich and educate all those who listen? No.

I just wanted an outlet to express the random babble that runs through my mind.

So, what should you expect from my blog? You can expect me to sit in front on my computer and type whatever comes to mind, until I get bored.

And so it begins...


I'm 21 years old, and I still don't understand the point in making my bed. Am I trying to convince people that no one sleeps in it? I've got to unmake the bed to get back in.

If you knew my bed wasn't made, would you love me any less?
_______

You know what else I don't get? Rap, today. Now, before you leave, thinking this is a typical attack on rap, I'm not going to talk about pointless lyrics and repetitive beats. I can understand that. That music is made for dancing, and it's good for it. The lyrics don't mean anything because they don't need to. I'm not going to talk about "concious rap," either. I can stand it, even if I rarely agree with the message.

What bothers me the most is the arrogance. Now, rapping has always walked hand-in-hand with confidence, all the way back to it's roots. But now, it seems like the rappers hailed as "the best," are their own biggest fans.

Why is it entertaining to hear someone brag about how great they are at braging about themselves? Sure, they may be capable of writing complex rhymes, but why not use that talent to say something?

Also, I heard that Ludacris said in a song that we should "paint the White House black" by voting for Barack. That made me laugh. What's even funnier is that Ludacris was encouraging black people to vote. If Diddy couldn't do it, Luda sure can't. It wouldn't make a difference, anyway. The Democrats have had African Americans in their pocket for ages. When it comes to politics, my people seem to have a problem thinking for themselves. It's like black people feel they have a duty to vote Democrat.
_______

What's the deal with Radiohead? They sound so bad...
_______

I'm the only person who feels hot in my house, and I'm the only one who feels cold
when I'm anywhere else.
_______

I have almost completely lost contact with my friends from high school. I bothers me, just not enough to pick up the phone. What can I say? They don't call me.
_______

_______

Why is that film students think their opinions on movies count more than those of anyone else?
_______

Did you know you can win a Pulitzer Prize for being a critic? Movies, books, music, architecture... If you're distinguished enough, you can get a Pulitzer. What the heck? I thought you had to write something important to get one of those. What a load crap. I have opinions! If I walk with my nose up and rag on some comedies, can I have a Pulitzer?
_______

Why do girls starve themselves to look like fashion models? Those people model to make the clothes look good, so women will buy them. Guys don't care about fashion models! Do you ever hear guys say, "Man, that Kate Moss sure is hot?" Probably not, unless you've asked me... My point is, if you're gonna starve yourself, look to the actresses for "thinspiration" - those are the women that men fawn over. Don't shoot for Kate Moss, think Jessica Alba.
_______

I guess that's what you can expect from this blog. Maybe, in the future, I'll try to stick to a topic.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for support how I can thank you?